Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Dear Dave Day, (The Golden Lion Group)

Hello Sir, we have a met a few times and once you were kind enough to buy the whole table drinks because we were at the Cricketers to celebrate a friend’s birthday.

Mr Day, I writing to you today for a political donation.

As the campaign manager for Joe Neilson, I can’t think of anyone more generous than you.

Joe Neilson is an OAP who’s raging against the system and in the UK’s only independent disabled candidate standing in the Brighton Kemptown 2015 general election.

Unlike Simon Kirby, Nancy Platts and Davy Jones who have support and funding given to them by their political party backers, Joe Neilson has no backing.

With your donation we can print leaflets, posters and stickers to spread our message.

Joe is bringing back honestly and integrity to politics and I’m supporting him all the way.

Find out more at www.joeneilson.co.uk

Anything helps Mr Day and I wouldn’t ask if I knew you wouldn’t miss it.

As an independent candidate Joe will serve the people of Brighton and not the party whip.

A LITTLE MORE ABOUT MYSELF…

I work pro-bono helping victims of child-abuse and police corruption. (As of yet, I’ve not earned a penny!) Yes, it’s a heavy subject but someone has got to help them.

I’ve worked tirelessly since 2012 as the Shadow Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner, holding Sussex Police and Katy Bourne to account.


I am doing everything I can to make the future better for all our kids and especially Brighton & Hove.

I don’t get paid for any of this and only do so because I believe passionately about helping people less fortunate than myself.

Find out more at www.sosparty.co.uk

I’m asking for a political donation from you because I believe you are the type of man who helps people less fortunate than him too.

With your donation, we can give out the signal that we can compete with the big boys on their own terms.

This election is going to be won by leaflets being pushed through doors.

As a disabled independent candidate, Joe Neilson is getting financial help from the Elected to Office Fund, which pays for a support worker to help him with his election.

We have a campaign office on the South Coast Road in Peacehaven which you are welcome to pay a visit. Your donation will allow us to buy the things not covered by the Elected to Office Fund.

Every other political party has big hitting financial backers and we need you to be our big hitting financial backer.


Feel free to call me on 07873693745.
Joe Neilson’s number is 07594151731

Thank you for reading Mr Day and hope you will see we are worth making a political donation too.

I wouldn’t have asked you Sir, if it wasn’t a matter of life and death.

Yours Sincerely,
Matt Taylor
Election Campaign Manager to Joe Neilson, the UK’s only independent disabled candidate standing in the 2015 general election.

Dave Day was kind enough to reply within 24 hours.

Good morning Matt,
Thank you for your recent email regarding sponsoring your colleague Joe Neilson in his bid to stand as an independent candidate in Kemp Town in the forthcoming elections.

As you are probably aware I actually live in Hove so would have no influence in the election campaign that will be conducted in Kemp Town, but I do feel I should let you know that I am a good friend of Simon Kirby and would therefore not wish to do anything that may harm his potential to be re-elected.

I wish you well for your fundraising, but unfortunately I am unable to help.

Kind regards
Dave Day 

This is my response.

Hi Mr Day,

A million thanks for replying so soon, you really are a wonderful wonderful man.

While I’m bitterly disappointed you won’t contribute to our election campaign and that you want Simon Kirby to be re-elected, I accept your decision, though may not necessarily respect it.

Sorry for being so blunt!

Before I leave you in peace, may I make you aware of Simon Kirby’s hand in the cover-up of the Katrina Taylor murder and the lack of care he’s shown to Joe Neilson?

I was concerned Joe Neilson was about to be attacked for making a stand against corruption in Sussex Police.

I wrote a handwritten letter to Katy Bourne, the Sussex Police and Crime Commissioner and Simon Kirby voicing my concerns.

“I believe Mr. Neilson is in extreme physical danger from Sussex police and contractors working in partnership with Sussex police. If for any reason Sussex police arrest or grab Mr. David Joe Neilson, I believe he would die in their custody.”

While Katy Bourne ignored me, Simon did reply saying that while he is busy helping his 90,000 constituents, he has done all he can for Joe Neilson and cannot do anymore.

“I have 90,000 constituents to deal with and I’ve tried my best with this one and won’t do no more!”

Consequently, Joe Neilson was attacked to an inch of his life and left for dead.


I kid you not Mr Day, Simon Kirby doesn’t care for the vulnerable hard-working people, he claims to represent.

While I respect you have a friendship with him; I feel obliged to tell you what I know about him.

You may not agree with my methods, but I have demonstrated Simon Kirby to be a coward and with no back-bone, who is happy to turn a blind eye to corruption and evil in his constituency.

Take for example this article I’ve written about him calling him EVIL.

If anyone wrote an article like that about me, I’d be on the phone demanding he takes it off.

I sincerely hope you reconsider…

Thank you for your time Mr Day and I shall not take up any more of it. I just wanted you to know that while you are indeed friends with Simon Kirby, you are most definitely backing the wrong horse.

Simon Kirby hasn’t got a chance in hell of regaining Brighton Kemptown, and any support you may or may not give him, is support down the drain.

Best wishes,
Matt Taylor
There was an error in this gadget

Crowd Funding.